Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Curse is broken !!!

Take than Babe !!!

So you thought we couldnt do it without you. To hell with you and your curse. I havent been as happy as today in a very long time. Its just minutes after Keith Foulke closed yet another game succesfully for the RedSox and 86 years of tears and misses go down in an epoch for ages. A 8 game streak that started after a miserable 19-8 loss to New York and it all boils down to this. As the team takes turn fondly holding the World Series trophy, the owners and Theo Epstein, one of the true architects of the team of 2004 get drenched in the champagne. I have been a teetotaller all my life and if there was one moment I wish I get deliriously whacked out, this is it. But me being me, I am just gonna scream my head off in my room and make sure I blow a wad of money tomorrow. I have already promised my fiance anything, I repeat, anything she wants if the Sox won and that was during the ALDS. So I look forward to keeping that word and seeing much more victories, now that the road block that refused to be blown away for 86 long years, lies in dust.

To a team that just refused to quit and to a whole lot of RedSox fans world over, guys, its over. Now we know who the daddy is !!!

Much more on this when I get back my sanity.

We believed :)

6 comments:

saranyan r said...

and it was beaten in a remarkable way. first, was the comeback win in the ALCS, and then a clean sweep. our generation will never forget this win.

Sudarshan said...

Wild Card: 162 Games
Anaheim: 3 games
Yankees: 7 games
Cardinals: 4 games
Knowing that you have won the World Series fianlly: priceless.
This was one day that deserved beer and booze.

The Last Blogger said...

Saran
It was a very good shot in the arm for the game and also the BoSox fans who have been waiting for so long. It was truly a euphoric feeling.
Now I want more :)

The Last Blogger said...

Sud
Thanks for the comment. Ill make a small change to what you put in (by the way, I am hoping Mastercard works in the Sox win into their ad which was one of my favorites)

Wild Card: 162 Games
Anaheim: 3 games
Yankees: 7 games
Cardinals: 4 games
Knowing that you have won the World Series finally: A lifetime.
Knowing that inspite of all this I could resist my urge for booze: priceless

But I gotta say for a teetotaller, this was the biggest test of holding back. Anyways, how did you come upon my blog ?

Sudarshan said...

I am Ja's friend from ASU. Now in San Jose. I read Saranyan's blog regularly. That is how I came to know about one more Boston fan

The Last Blogger said...

Nice to know. I will head out to your blog now and start reading up. DO keep visiting.

ESPN.com - MLB

Engadget