Saturday, September 25, 2004

Yada Yada Yada !

I give up. My friends know me to be a die-hard(and something more) Seinfeld fan. I wanted to see how long I could keep without referring to something in the Seinfeld cosmos in my blog. At this stage, the news was too big for me to skip. The cast is getting back together, one more time. AP reports that the crew is getting together for a retrospective, "The Seinfeld Story" on the 25th of November. Sadly, I will be out of the country that particular day. I am starting to make plans to ask people to record the show for me. I have'nt preordered my Seinfeld DVDs out on the 23rd of November, just to not miss the UPS guy when he comes home to find me away.

One might ask, why this obsession with a show about nothing. Apart from the reason that Seinfeld is the most popular sitcom ever, to me, it is the show that put things out there that we always felt strongly about but never had a channel to express. The hilarity of seeing George screw up one more job or Elaine dumping yet another boyfriend or Kramer coming up with one more hare-brained scheme to get rich quickly, all under the ultra-scrutiny of the totally jobless cereal crazy lactose intolerant Seinfeld is just the tops. In my opinion, Seinfeld does not have a lot of pop culture references. It is pop culture in itself. It redefined the way sitcoms are written. It was a phenomenon that just survives the test of time. As one of the many thousand visitors to a popular Seinfeld blog, I see people from all walks of life just reliving each and every episode, be it the all-time classic "The Contest" to "The Hamptons". Everyone has his favorite character, his favorite quote, favorite episode and all.

I would love to just keep on writing about Seinfeld. I have seen and relived every one of the episodes atleast a few times each. But I'll stop here. There really is no need for this Yada Yada Yada. I just cant wait until November for the first lot of DVDs. So until then, I will head to my taped reruns. Serenity Now.

3 comments:

saranyan r said...

damn man even I'm gonna miss it this nov. hopefully they re-telacast it sometime.

The Last Blogger said...

For all of us, there is the DVR ( I have a Dish DVR which I will use to record the program) and then there is BitTorrent. I hope to see a torrent put up almost immediately.So take consolation that live TV is not just the only way to catch a program :)

saranyan r said...

but watchin live is always fun. its like watching a rajini movie in the first week, leave alone the first day :)

ESPN.com - MLB

Engadget